Job Title: School Administrator and Receptionist
Salary Band 2 Point 14-16 £17,681 - £18,319
Vacancy Closing date - 18th January 2019
Interviews - 22nd & 23rd January 2019
Position Start Date - 25th February 2019
The Administrator/Receptionist's duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the provision of a pleasant reception as first point of contact for parents and visitors to the school.
- Deal with queries and provide information and advice about the school and school activities for parents, pupils and visitors both in person and by telephone.
- Maintain & update manual and computerised records/management information systems (SIMS)
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms
- Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of meetings and timetabling events
- Analyse and evaluate data and produce reports data as required (SIMS)
- Undertake high levels of typing and word-processing
- Provide administrative and organisational support to head teacher.
- Provide First Aid to the children
- Book training courses and transport as directed by the Senior Leadership Team
- Manage administration of facilities including use of school premises.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals
- Sort and distribute mail
- To keep the school office and reception area as an orderly, pleasant and efficient working environment
- Previous SIMS experience including Admissions - Essential
- Previous school based office experience
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Windows and Office packages
- GCSE qualification, Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- A willingness to participate in and a commitment to training and professional development
- First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident user of ICT
- Flexibility and ability to adapt
- Proactive rather than reactive and willing to seek advice and support where necessary
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet exacting deadlines
- Demonstrate discretion and sensitivity when dealing with issues concerning staff, stakeholders and the wider community
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
Visits to the school are welcomed before applying for this post, please call 01255 860210 for an appointment.
Click HERE to download an application form